Encouragement of migrant women’s entrepreneurship skills is one of the easiest ways to create jobs for themselves, but the courses are mostly focused on language skills and education. Migrant women need support in their integration into the labour market.
Three partners from Sweden, Italy and the Netherlands initiated and conducted the Erasmus+ Strategic partnership project “Empowering migrant women through building entrepreneurship skills”. The project was focused on developing migrant women’s competencies and their successful integration into socio-economic life.
The objectives of the project were:
– To improve employability, social integration and civic engagement of migrant women through the development of entrepreneurship competencies;
– To encourage social integration of migrant women through social participation and mentoring.
Direct target groups were:
– migrant women (especially the most vulnerable groups: non-Western migrant women and migrant women with a low educational level),
– adult educators working with migrant women.
Intellectual outputs included the following:
– Migrant women mentoring program in English
The program aimed to share experiences of successful female migrants with newcomers and to encourage their integration and social participation by providing aspirational role models, practical advice and psychological support,
– MOOC “Migrant women integration in the labour market” aimed to improve professional skills for migrant women, increase their participation in the activities leading to employment and build key competencies necessary for successful economic integration in the host society and promotion.
– The handbook for social workers and adult educators working with migrant women aimed to tailor their programs to the educational and professional goals of migrant women in English.
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
- Teacher: System Administrator
- Teacher: System Admin 2 Francesca Pastorino Smaldone Villani